Aaron Roth Bridge Engineering Scholarship
The Aaron Roth Bridge Engineering Scholarship provides a total of up to $5,000 per year to students pursuing a degree in bridge engineering and who are in need of financial aid. The scholarship honors former FINLEY engineer Aaron Roth, who collapsed and died tragically in 2008 at the age of 23 while playing soccer.
There are two undergraduate scholarships available each year at $625 each and two graduate scholarships available each year at $1,875 each. Scholarship recipients will also receive a summer internship at FINLEY. The scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee of FINLEY executive managers and staff. The applicant will exhibit some or all of the following qualities and accomplishments:
- Engineering student pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Financial need
- Excellent grades in college courses
- Better-than-average understanding of what it takes to be a good engineer, both technically and from a business standpoint
- Respected by peers and professors
- Involved in extra-curricular activities (services, professional, recreational)
- Ambition to succeed and develop into an exceptional bridge engineer
Applicants must submit a completed application, recent transcripts and a recommendation from an engineering professor. This information will be used to select the scholarship recipients. Students from an ABET accredited engineering programs are eligible and encouraged to apply. Special consideration will be given to minorities, women and individuals who have served in the military.
Deadlines: July 1st for Fall Scholarships; December 31st for Spring Scholarships.
Submit completed application, recent transcripts and a recommendation from an engineering professor to firstname.lastname@example.org or 1589 Metropolitan Blvd. Tallahassee, FL 32308